Five New Hi-Res Photos From The Avengers; Plus Chris Evans Discusses His First Day On Set

The most recent issue of Empire reveals several images of the Avengers team on its varied covers. Though the covers are mostly made up of individual character posters and banner posters that were released last year, the magazine does include some quotes from Evans (via ScreenRant), who describes what it was like for him to arrive on The Avengers set for the very first time and interact with other superheroes after going solo in last summer's Captain America: The First Avenger.

The first time I came on set and saw other people in costume, it was a night-time scene in the woods and it involved myself, Chris Hemsworth and Downey Jr. I had just seen Thor maybe two nights before, so I got on set and I saw Hemsworth in the cape and immediately thought, "God, there’s Thor, I’m looking at Thor," and then I saw Downey Jr. in the suit.

Evans compared the experience of working on The Avengers with being a "little kid."

It [was] amazing. The kid in me would say, "I didn’t get to act with Robert Downey Jr., I got to act with Iron Man." I’d never had that before, where I had seen actors in a film that I was not a part of and then come to work and help them to extend that character’s life. It’s like being a little kid.

In keeping with the movie's promotion the past few months, there are also some new photos from The Avengers, released by Marvel, and this time Cap shows up only once and Thor doesn't show up at all. Instead, the photos mostly concentrate on Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury, though Bruce Banner, aka the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) also make appearances.